You can choose many different designs and sizes of rugs for your bedroom. Here are eight designs that can literally transform your room. It is best to plan even drawing a sketch or some application where you can design how it would look. With careful mixing and matching, you will be able to easy transform your bedroom and make it look completely new and different.
Below are eight tips to help you achieve the look you want. I found with my rooms that careful planning brought me the ideas and the looks I wanted for my room, but with a little time and effort it is well worth planning, I got a stunning finish to my room.
1. A nice warm color can be used to brighten any room, whether plain or patterned; it is a good idea to check what colors are available in different stores or online if you’re ordering online.
2. Large rugs can be used to fill a lot of space up, and if you have a cold looking floor this can help to cover more. When planning on a rug that is suitable, do check what different sizes they come in.
3. Elegance rugs can be used to make your bedroom look stunning, the color can match the interiors of the room, also the walls. A rug like that can be moved to any part of the room, where it will always look good, with many years of looking good.
4. A patterned rug with stripes can alter how the bedroom looks, the stripes can make it look longer or wider. This can give any bedroom a completely different look. Once again do check on what is available so you can select the right one.
5. Another type of rug is one with heavy pile. Thick or textured, this can look good with any carpet that is down on the floor. It can also bring warmth to the room with a good rich color and thicker pile.
6. If your bedroom is the same color throughout like all white, a good colorful large rug can make so much difference. This can add color. A deep green color goes well with white, bringing a splash of color and luxury. Play around with different colors and designs so you can mix and match and move them around to suit your taste.
7. Consider a rug that is right for your color scheme. If you have dark walls, bright rugs are a good fit to lighten up the room. Make sure it matches well. You can add a colored one or a patterned one, either would go with the room’s furnishings if carefully planned.
8. If you have a lot of brown or mixed colors in your bedroom, a coffee colored plain thick pile rug will enhance any room, which will blend in well and bring out the other color of your walls and furnishings.
9. Rugs are generally an afterthought of a room’s design, but with a little bit of thought they can actually be transformative in a rooms design and even act as a centerpiece.
This guest post is from Steph Clarke who is part of the content & community outreach team at LandofRugs.com. Steph is obsessed with interior design trends and how new technology influences design.