Contrary to what you might think, the air inside your home may sometimes be much more harmful than the air outside. Especially since you spend the majority of your time indoors, the decreased ventilation inside can actually be a huge contributing factor to the manifestation of harmful air particles—which can be bad for your health.
If you’re not going to be able to change the amount of time you spend indoors, you might as well change what’s in the air in your home. One very efficient way to do so is with an air purifier.
At PetHairPatrol.com we are dedicated to helping pet owners keep their home clean and fresh.
Pets can add to the stress of keeping your home cleaning by shedding and wafting dust and dander into the air. And as all pet owners know, they can also cause that pretty nasty pet smell and flare up those allergies.
To help convince you of the power of an air purifier, here are seven benefits of why it can be the best thing in your home since sliced bread:
1. Seasonal allergy and asthma control. Whether you or a family member suffers from seasonal allergies or asthma, getting rid of pollen, allergens and mold in the air inside your home can help a lot when it comes to controlling reactions. Having an air purifier in your home can clear the air of triggers that can lead to an asthma attack or flare up seasonal allergies.
2. Less dust in the house—and less cleaning. Who would argue with that? You might feel like no matter how much you clean, you will still find dust lying somewhere in your home. An air purifier not only helps the home get rid of the dust, but it also targets pollen, pet dander, human skin particles, and tobacco smoke, which will leave your home feeling much cleaner.
3. Leave your home odor-free. Whether it’s a leftover home-cooking smell—which isn’t necessarily a bad thing— the stench from your dog coming in after the rain or the nasty smell coming from your cat’s litter box, an air purifier can help trap those airborne particles responsible for odors and filter them out. Especially if you have pets around the home, an air purifier can do wonders for the smell.
4. Reduces the chances of your family getting sick. Since most air purifiers have a germicidal capability, it can actually play its part in keeping your family healthy. Your HVAC system might be the culprit when it comes to contaminating one family member’s room with the sickness from another. Most air purifiers can be very useful in eliminating the traces of many common illnesses like the flu.
5. Can help prevent lung disease and cancer. As we mentioned before, the main purpose of an air purifier is to clean the air. Since cigarette smoke and even smoke from burning candles tend to linger in the air—the remnants of the smoke sticking around can actually lead to serious health issues like lung disease and lung cancer.
It’s best to invest in an air purifier which contains HEPA filters and activated carbon since they work best with eliminating the smoke. Not to mention, an air purifier can reduce or even eliminate radon gas from your home which plays a big part in the development of lung cancer.
6. Can help reduce high carbon dioxide levels. Since the air circulation in the home isn’t the best (most of us use air conditioning instead of opening the windows), there tends to be a large amount of carbon dioxide in the home. Air purifiers can reduce the high level of carbon dioxide making it easier for you to breath.
7. Helps you sleep. This is a bonus! The air purifier can keep the air in your bedroom fresh which enables you to sleep better. Also, the calming white noise from the machine itself will lull you to sleep in no time at all.
If you feel the air inside your home often feels a bit stuffy, or especially if you suffer from allergies or sensitivities, an air purifier can work miracles on your living comfort. Fresh air keeps you healthy, but it also makes your home cleaner and reduces the need for vacuuming and dusting.